Posted: 3rd Sep, 2020
Duration: 15 months
Incorporating the AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2), on completion of the apprenticeship, your employee will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to examine data to identify issues
- The ability to effectively deal with a range of stakeholders using appropriate communication methods to deliver accurate and timely results
- Utilises relevant office/accounting software packages to input and manage data accurately
- Ability to maintain the security of accounting information using passwords and other appropriate security measures
- Aware of elements of commercial law that may have an impact when working in accountancy, such as contracts, data protection or Anti Money Laundering
- Understand transactional processes of accounting and their use within a finance function
- Understands bookkeeping controls
- Aware of basic accountancy concepts and double entry bookkeeping
The Apprentice will need to complete the following to gain apprenticeship certification:
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours modules:
Learners will gain knowledge in relevant topics from attending weekly workshops run by AAT professionals. This knowledge will be transferred to the workplace for further on and off-the-job learning.
Functional Skills in maths and English:
These provide practical skills to help gain the most out of work, education and everyday life. Learners will complete written and online tests.
The end-point assessment is the final stage of the apprenticeship. It comprises of an online test, intray exercise and a portfolio-based interview.
Following enrollment, learners engage in a blended programme of training and support that will include attendance at group training sessions, self-directed learning, email and face-to-face support from their trainer/assessor as well as a programme of training devised by the employer.
The length of the programme will differ depending on experience, knowledge and skills development but the course should usually take 12 to 15 months.
On completion and achievement of the apprenticeship, learners can progress to:
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant
SBC Training has access to government funding and grants for this apprenticeship.
For free advice and to find out how much financial support your business is eligible for, please contact us.Contact Us