Hire an Apprentice
Why offer an apprenticeship?
Research has highlighted that employers who offer apprenticeship places benefited in many ways:
- Improved productivity
- Motivated and loyal staff (apprentices are less likely to move on as they value the opportunity they have been given)
- Avoiding skills shortages by ensuring that apprentices are trained in skills for the future
- Developing a learning culture
Apprenticeship facts for employers
- Apprentices can be new to the organisation or current employees
- Qualifications can range from Level 2 (GSCE Level) to Level 7 (Degree Level)
- Apprentices must be over age 16 but there is no upper age limit
- Apprentices must be allowed time for study
- Apprentices must be paid at least minimum wage for apprentices (currently £3.70 per hour) but often are paid more. (If aged 18 and under or apprentices over the age of 19 who have completed the first year of their apprenticeship.)
- Apprentices need to work alongside experienced staff and be given the opportunity to learn and practice new skills
- Dependent on the occupational area and level, apprenticeships can last from 1 year to 4 years
- If you are a levy payer the cost of training will be paid from your levy pot. If you are not a levy payer you are expected to contribute 10% of the cost of the training
Why choose SBC Training?
- 35 years experience of delivering apprenticeships and training has resulted in a wealth of knowledge and we have successfully supported thousands of young people to take their first career steps
- SBC Training is rated very highly for employer satisfaction
- Success rates are consistently above the national average
- 98% of our apprentices continue into permanent employment
- SBC Training delivers skills for the future while embedding traditional values
- Contact us to discuss your ideas
- A Business Development Officer will visit you to help identify the right apprenticeship and ensure you are clear about the way forward
- If you have someone in mind for the apprenticeship we will undertake initial assessment to ensure the candidate understands the apprenticeship and will be able to complete it
- If you need to recruit we will support you which includes advertising and vetting applicants
The programme has been well designed to match our technical needs and the apprentices are gaining good skills and knowledge. The trainers enthusiasm is infectious.
Niki Hannah, Glory Global
I could not thank SBC Training enough for getting me to where I am now. My apprenticeship was fantastic and I would recommend the apprenticeship route to anyone.
Jake, Engineering Apprentice
The apprenticeship programme has assisted me in gaining work experience, developing and widening skills and knowledge, and helped me gain confidence in a working environment and in myself. SBC Training and my employer have both encouraged me to take up opportunities.
Sophie, Business Administration Apprentice
As a valued business partner for many years, SBC Training provides training in occupational areas right across the organisation. Their staff are knowledgeable, flexible and professional. We can identify the direct impact of their involvement.