European Social Fund (ESF)
The ESF was introduced by the European Commision with the aim of improving the workers mobility and employment prospects within the Common Market (as was). Whilst ESF has received many updates over the years improving the skills of the workforce remains a core element to this day.
ESF funding allows businesses and individuals in The Marches (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Herefordshire) access to funded training courses for skills and career development
- The funding contract supports SME’s*, and self-employed in the Marches area
- Through the funding businesses can support staff to develop their current knowledge, learn new skills
- Progression into further learning such as an apprenticeship is one of the targets aims of the funding
- The various courses available include Award, Certificate and Diploma qualifications at Level 2 and short courses at Level 3 and Level 4
- *Eligibility for businesses and individuals
- SME’s who employ less than 250 staff or have a balance sheet less than €43M or an annual turnover of less than €50M
- Businesses also need to comply with EU Competition and State Aid principles~
- Individual participants need to prove they are living in the UK and have evidence of their employment status
- If individual’s have already completed a similar course of if they have inadvertently been on the funding contract through another training provider/employer, they will be ineligible
If you are interested in applying for training under ESF funding, please complete this form (ESF Enquiry Form) a member of the SBC Training team will be in contact to establish your needs.
~ This will be further clarified by SBC Training staff
Adult Education Budget (AEB)
AEB is funded by the Education Skills Funding Agency and supports Adults (19 +) to gain qualifications and skills for a new career, progression in work or preparation to go onto an apprenticeship.
How AEB can help
- It can fund those aged 19-23 to get a first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may need to make a contribution if you are over the age of 24
- AEB fully funds English & Maths, up to and including Level 2, for individuals aged 19+ who haven’t previously achieved a GCSE grade A*- C/Grade 4 or above
- Learners in receipt of low wage^ can use AEB to fully fund their first Level 2 or Level 3 qualification
- For those who are currently in receipt of unemployment benefit AEB can fund a wide variety of courses and/or qualifications up to Level 2
^Please get in touch to find out more details