Going 'online' or using social media are often part of everyday life for many, but you may worry about keeping yourself and your information safe. Here are some tips for staying safe online:
- Always be sure who you are communicating with. SBC Training staff will always identify themselves appropriately when they contact you.
- Never share personal information such as your address or phone number with people that you don't know and never post these details online!
- Think before becoming online 'friends' with someone that you don't know, or have only recently met.
- Radicalisation often starts online. If people try to impose extreme views upon you, immediately inform a member of staff at SBC Training.
- Avoid opening e-mails, attachments or messages from people that you don't know.
- Think before you post any images online. Remember that images are always traceable. Don't send any images that you wouldn't be happy for everybody to see/end up on the internet.
- If you see or read anything on the internet that worries you, tell someone about it.
- If at anytime you feel unsafe, call a member of the SBC Training safeguarding team on 01743 454810 or call your appointed trainer/assessor
If you would like to access some further useful advice about staying safe online click here