Education and Training
Award in Education and Training (Level 3)
Posted: 11th Jan, 2019
Sector: Education and Training
This course is for trainers, teachers or prospective teachers working in further education, work based learning or community provision.
Learning is provided via attendance at evening classes and additional high quality coursework in the form of books and online training materials.
Upcoming Course Schedule
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration|
|561 163170570015th September 2021||11:35 AM||10 sessions|
Sessions will cover a variety of topics including:
- Professional standards for teachers, tutors and trainers in the lifelong learning sector
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches to meet the needs of learners
- Creating a safe and supportive learning environment that engages and motivates learners
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of teaching and learning
- Identifying different types and methods of assessment
- Reflecting on own practice and skills
The course will be delivered as evening classes running from 5.30pm – 8.30pm. Next course dates are to be confirmed.
Learners will engage in a blended programme of teaching and support which will include attendance at the workshops, completion of three assignments and self-directed learning and research. Learners will be observed delivering microteaching sessions and participating in other learners’ sessions and providing peer feedback.
coaching sessions are built into the programme to support the development of session plans and the production and use of creative and innovative resources. Access to own ICT facilities is essential to the achievement of this qualification.
Avenues of progression include:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 5 or 7 PGCE in Further Education