Award in Electrical Inspection and Testing (Level 3)
Posted: 11th Jan, 2019
The course combines the initial verification and periodic inspection and testing into one advanced qualification (2391-52). It is for practicing electricians who require inspection and testing since qualifying or for those who need to update their training.
The qualification will develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally install and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations.
Electrical Skills People is a partnership between SBC Training, Clifford College and Total People.
Upcoming Course Schedule
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration|
The course will cover:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energized installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
The Course will be delivered over 4 workshops, 9am - 5pm.
Next course dates are May 3rd - 6th 2022.
Candidates will be assessed at the end of the course and must complete:
- Practical assignment
- Unit 502 Visual Inspection exercise
- 30 mins Practical Inspection
- Testing & Certification assessment, 2hrs 30mins
- Short answer written exam, open book 1hr 20mins
- Online multiple choice test, Unit 052 Open Book, 120 Minutes
Avenues of progression include:
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations