Health and Social Care
Diploma in Leadership and Management (Adult Care)
Posted: 18th Nov, 2019
Sector: Health and Social Care
This qualification is endorsed by skills for care and has been approved as meeting the Skills for Care qualification specification for England.
The level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care is a competence based qualification which has been developed with employers who provide adult care. It is a mandatory qualification requirement by CQC for all managers in the Health and Social Care sector.
This qualification is a must for all registered managers the content of which is current and reflects recent changes in the sector.
Upcoming Course Schedule
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration|
The diploma itself is made up of several mandatory units including:
- Governance and regulatory processes
- Communication and information management in adult care
- Relationship and partnership working
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes
- Professional development, supervision and performance management
- Resource management in adult care
- Safeguarding, protection and risk
- Managing self
- Decision making in adult care
- service improvement, entrepreneurship and innovation
It is also made up of optional units which can be both tailored to either the manager's responsibilities and/or new subject areas.
Following enrolment, learners engage in a blended programme of training and support that will include attendance at group training sessions, self-directed learning, email and face-to-face support from their trainer/assessor as well as a programme of training devised by the employer.
The length of the programme will differ depending on experience, knowledge and skills development but the course should usually take 12 months.
Avenues of progression include:
- Specialised qualifications that focus on particular areas of Health & Social Care