Health and Social Care
Introduction to Stroke Awareness
Posted: 18th Nov, 2019
Sector: Health and Social Care
This course provides an introduction to stroke awareness and gives employees an understanding of what a stroke is. The course will take them through the signs and symptoms as well as stroke prevention care.
The course is suitable for new employees, those returning to the sector and for upskilling your current workforce.
Upcoming Course Schedule
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration|
Sessions will cover a variety of topics including:
- Knowing what a stroke is
- Knowing how to recognise a stroke
- Understanding the management of risk factors for a stroke
- Understanding the importance of emergency response and treatment for strokes
- Understanding the management of strokes
A 1 day, classroom-based course.
Avenues of progression include:
- Specialised qualifications that focus on particular areas of Health & Social Care