Digital Support Technician
Posted: 17th Aug, 2020
Duration: 18 months
On completion of the apprenticeship, your employee will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Apply relevant digital technologies effectively to achieve objectives
- Monitor and operate complex digital information and intelligence systems
- Respond to user enquiries
- Maintain data, digital resources and data systems
- Communicate effectively though digital channels
- Learn through digital resources
- Work as a member of a team
- Maintain an awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies
2 pathways are available to suit the apprentice’s specialism:
- Digital Application Technician - helps to maximise the use of digital technologies and adapt to and exploit changes in technology to meet organisation objectives
- Digital Service Technician - supports the external customers and clients to help them access and receive services, support and to diagnose and resolve their problems
Apprentices will gain experience in digital technolgies, monitoring and operating complex digital information and intelligence systems. The following elements will need to be completed:
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours modules:
Learners will gain extensive knowledge and skills in essential topics such as hardware, software, networking and security, whilst achieving industry recognised certifications from vendors such as CompTIA and CIW.
Functional Skills in maths and English:
These provide practical skills to help gain the most out of work, education and everyday life. Learners will complete written and online tests.
The end-point assessment is the final stage of the apprenticeship. It comprises written and practical tests as well as a showcase of evidence, professional dialogue and interview.
Following enrollment, learners engage in a blended programme of training and support that will include attendance at group training sessions, self-directed learning, email and face-to-face support from their trainer/assessor as well as a programme of training devised by the employer.
The length of the programme will differ depending on experience, knowledge and skills development but the course should usually take 15 to 18 months.
On completion and achievement of the apprenticeship, learners can progress into leadership or management roles within the Sector which may be aligned to an Apprenticeship at higher level.
The apprentice will be recognised for entry onto the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
SBC Training has access to government funding and grants for this apprenticeship.
For free advice and to find out how much financial support your business is eligible for, please contact us.Contact Us